The Whole Ball of Wax

           


I think art does have the ability to change the world, or at least make people think about issues in a different way that can inspire change. Saltz says that “art is part of a universal force.” This made me think of the artist Banksy. He is a graffiti artist whose identity is unknown, but he has a global impact. His art pieces can be controversial, but Banksy is trying to prove a point. He is expressing his views through beautiful art pieces. One example is the one below of a girl swinging on the word “park.” I believe this piece is pointing out that parking garages and buildings are taking the place of public parks that children should have access to. Or maybe, people should be aware of the little joys that are in everyday objects and places.

Saltz also states that art creates new thought structures. Andy Warhol is best known for his pop-art. It was his style that inspired me to paint these hamburgers in my high school art class. I think it is interesting to point out that artists change the way the world looks and the way we look at the world. I believe that looking at art can transport that person to another place, no matter his or her identity.

Comments

Popular Posts