Postmodernism


I found this quote to be the most confusing 
"In the universe of Hollywood...signs and images no longer bear any correspondence to 
the "real" world but create their own hyperreality--an order of representation that is not the unreal, but has replaced 'reality' and is more than real, more real than real."
If postmodernism becomes reality, then how can the first image of the woman with many limbs be an example of postmodernism?

I also did not understand the reference to Disneyland and other theme parks. 
How can theme parks and Los Angeles both be unreal?
Postmodernism appears to have taken over today's culture. 
Everything is a mixture of different cultures.

I am a fan of Andy Warhol's pop art. I was not aware that it is classified as post-modern art. 
The bright contrasting colors is appealing to me, especially when many of the same print are placed next to each other.


Comments

Popular Posts